Loads of news as Syria’s endgame approaches.
Roundup: both US and Russian (‘advisory’) forces in Syria
1) Russian envoy at the UN states: the US does not want regime to fall http://in.rbth.com/news/2015/09/16/us-does-not-want-asad-regime-in-syria-to-fall-rusian-envoy-at-un_397119
2) US Defence spokesman: US special op forces enter Syria, to advise YPG, whilst Russian forces enter to advise regime
(Presumably, they will now be aptly described, by the Western left’s scab opponents of the Syrian revolution, as “proxies”)
3) US newspaper: Ground invasion needed to fight ISIS
4) Pictured: Russian armoured tanks in Syria
5) Revolutionary forces launch missile attacks on Russian positions
Only difference between US and Russian policy on Syria – US wanted to prolong the conflict and to weaken (but maintain) the regime, Russia wanted regime’s stability.
It is tempting to state that this (de facto) inter-imperialist alliance is unprecedented, but the fact is that such alliances have occurred with relative regularity between imperialist competitors throughout history. This is just the most substantial one to yet happen in the post-CW era, where the conflict in this case between the US and Russia is not ideological (or even a pretense of ideology), but pure geopolitical competition.
5 years of lies, coming to an end. Pity about those who allowed Western powers to bluff their way full circle.